Greek Feta Salad
'Light and refreshing' best describes this wonderful dish from Jill Bowers of Huntington, Indiana. With juicy tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives slightly marinated in a red wine vinaigrette, this cool salad is just right for those hot spring and summer days.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- On a serving platter, layer tomatoes and onion. Top with feta cheese
- and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and oregano;
- drizzle over salad. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.