Greek Chicken and Artichokes
I'm a huge fan of wild rice and wild rice mixes – try it in place of brown rice to add a nutty flavor to this dish. —Caitlin Chaney, Palm Harbor, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning. In a large skillet, brown
- chicken in oil. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and artichokes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1 tablespoon cheese equals 309 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable,