Greek Chicken Salad
My family loves this dish. Use light mayonnaise and this is a healthy salad. Even if you or your family are not garlic lovers, I'd advise that you use the full measurement of garlic and the tablespoon of oregano for the proper flavoring. I receive nothing but raves when I serve this salad.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup mined fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Combine the first five ingredients. Set aside. In a small bowl,
- combine remaining ingredients. Toss with chicken mixture. Cover and
- chill for several hours. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (with light mayonnaise) equals 2-1/2 meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 288 calories, 566 mg sodium, 80 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 23 mg protein, 17 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.