- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, oats, mozzarella cheese,
- cheddar cheese and onion. In a blender, process cottage cheese and
- egg substitute until smooth; add to the mushroom mixture. Stir in
- the parsley, salt, basil, celery seed and chilled rice mixture.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook four patties in 1 teaspoon oil for
- 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Repeat
- with remaining patties and oil. Serve on rolls with lettuce and
- tomato if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One cooked patty equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.