Great Garden Veggies
I jazz up zucchini, yellow squash and tomato with cheese and seasonings. The no-fuss skillet side dish is perfect for using summer's bounty. Plus, the veggies are great alongside grilled chicken, fish and most other warm-weather fare.Chris Schmidt, Clarksville, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion in
- butter until crisp tender. Add the tomato, salt, garlic salt, basil
- and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.