- out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ice cream, Andes candies,
- liqueurs and, if desired, food coloring. Transfer to an 8-in. round
- bowl (1-1/2 qts.) lined with plastic wrap; freeze until set.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of
- tartar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue
- beating over low heat until egg mixture reaches 160°, about 8
- minutes. Transfer to a bowl; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and
- sugar is dissolved.
- Place brownie on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet; top with
- inverted ice cream mold. Remove plastic wrap. Immediately spread
- meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of brownie. Freeze until
- ready to serve, up to 24 hours.
- Bake at 400° for 2-5 minutes or until meringue is lightly
- browned. Transfer to a serving plate; serve immediately. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 523 calories, 24 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.