Grapefruit in Honey-Thyme Sauce
It takes just four ingredients to create this beautiful—and tasty—dish. Serve it as a first course or side. Honey and white wine really allow the natural flavor of grapefruit to shine through.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 large grapefruit
- 1/2 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- Peel grapefruit. Cut into slices on a cutting board; reserve juices
- and set grapefruit aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the wine, honey, thyme and reserved
- juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 13-15
- minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Arrange grapefruit
- slices on four plates; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup grapefruit with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 163 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.