Grapefruit Shrimp Salad
Joanne Beaupre combines orange juice, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard in the tangy dressing that perks up her seafood salad. "I had tried a similar salad at a restaurant," she writes from Manchester, Connecticut. "I adapted this version for a fun lunch to take to work. It always gets comments."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce on four serving plates. Arrange the grapefruit, avocado
- and shrimp over lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette
- ingredients. Drizzle over each salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 266 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.