Grapefruit may be a surprising pie filling, but this dessert has been a hit at our house for years. The marshmallows and coconut reduce some of the grapefruit's tartness.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, divided
- 3 large red grapefruit
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows and 1/4 cup grapefruit
- juice. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Peel the grapefruit and cut into sections (about 2-1/2 cups). Stir
- the grapefruit, whipped cream and remaining grapefruit juice into
- marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 272 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.