Grapefruit Gelatin Molds
I found this recipe in a magazine back in the '50s. It's a nice salad, particularly with a heavy meal. It's a refreshing snack as well.
2-3 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1
- minute. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in juices; pour
- into three 1/2-cup or one 2-cup mold coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 118 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.