Grape Turkey Salad
"To maintain freshness, serve this make-ahead salad on a chilled platter and replenish often," says field editor Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 pounds green grapes, halved
- 5-1/4 cups diced celery
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In several large bowls, combine the turkey, grapes, celery, pecans
- and onions. In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, broth,
- vinaigrette and mustard until smooth. Pour over turkey mixture and
- toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 20 servings (about 1 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and 1 cup pecans) equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon