Grape Pear Crisp
You'll be pleasantly surprised by this unusual fruit combination shared by Donna Mosher from Augusta, Montana. "Over the years, we have enjoyed this dessert topped with whipped cream or ice cream. In fact, I've worn out the recipe card several times," Donna notes.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the grapes, pears, 2 tablespoons flour and extract
- until blended. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-in. square baking
- dish. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
- and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in walnuts; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 375° for
- 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.