Granola-Topped Pear Crisp
"Lots of crunchy topping and just the right amount of sweetness make this a delicious dish. With fruit and granola, it's perfect for brunch or breakfast!" -Pat Habiger of Spearville, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- Place pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and toss to
- coat. Gently stir in preserves just until combined. Transfer to an
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon,
- salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in granola.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown
- and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 244 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium,