Granola Raisin Bread
Made with granola, oats, raisins and honey, this bread has a subtle sweetness. It's so delightful that friends often request the recipe. Slices of the crusty loaf are especially good toasted. If you prefer a softer crust, rub margarine or butter on the loaf while it's warm.
-Patricia Nelson, Kenosha, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup granola
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly
- signal this), add the granola and raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds,
- 16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 191 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.