Grandmother's Corn Pudding
My grandmother always served this pudding for holidays and family reunions. Everyone loves it. Corn pudding is a popular side dish on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 slices day-old bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add corn and sugar; mix well. Cut
- bread into 1/2-in. cubes and place in a greased 9-in. square baking
- dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.