Nothing can compare to homemade soup, especially when this is the delicious result! Winter days seem a little warmer when I prepare this savory chowder. Dulyse Molnar, Oswego, New York
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and parsley; cook for 5 minutes or until
- heated through. Add a small amount of hot soup to sour cream.
- Gradually return all to pan, stirring constantly. Heat through but
- do not boil. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 275 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.