- For crust, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt
- in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 9-in. square. Place over
- filling; flute edges and cut slits in top. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: a pastry blender or two knives to cut shortening into dry ingredients. The coarse crumbs should be the size of small peas when finished.