- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to an 18-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle. Cut into six squares. Place an apple in the center of
- each square; dot with butter. Bring corners of pastry up to top of
- apple; press edges to seal.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce into pan
- around dumplings. Brush dumplings with egg white and sprinkle with
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until light golden brown and
- apples are tender. Serve warm with cream if desired. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 716 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 109 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.