Graham Coconut Treats
To satisfy a sweet tooth, try these deliciously different bars suggested by Dumont, Minnesota field editor Renee Schwebach. "A fun variety of flavors and textures assures that the treats never last long," she relates.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 48 squares)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a double boiler, combine eggs, sugar and butter. Cook and stir
- over boiling water until mixture thickness and reaches 160°.
- Remove from the heat; cool. Add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.