Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is a mouthwatering new twist on grilled cheese that’s a cheese-lover’s dream come true. You’ll be hooked! Feel free to skip the olives or swap breads to suit your taste. —Beth Dunahay, Lima, Ohio
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 slices sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 5 Greek olives, sliced
- 2 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Saute onion in 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet until tender and
- lightly browned. Add olives; cook 1 minute longer. Spread mustard
- over bread slices. Layer one slice with onion mixture and cheeses.
- Top with remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwich with remaining
- Toast sandwich in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on
- each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.