Gourmet Garden Tomato Salad
I came up with this invigorating salad at our weekly pool gatherings with friends. Each of us brings our own meat to grill and a side to share. This dish was definitely a hit. Stacy Kibler, Centerville, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red, yellow and/or orange tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Arrange tomatoes on a serving platter. In a small bowl, whisk the
- oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 125 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.