In Defiance, Ohio, Phylis Behringer seasons refrigerated dough with garlic powder before baking them into golden Gouda-filled cups. It's hard to believe the delectable little appetizers come from just three ingredients.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and
- perforations. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cut into 24 pieces;
- lightly press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased
- miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 3 minutes. Place a piece of cheese in each cup.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 bites equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.