Gorgonzola Pasta with Walnuts
"Quick, easy and delicious, this appealing side dish is a weeknight staple at our house. We never tire of it,” says Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Serve as an accompaniment to chicken or pork.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook onions in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or
- until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook
- 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; add to the skillet. Stir in the cheese, vinegar and
- salt. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 397 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.