- 14-in square. Cut into four 6-1/2-in. squares (use scraps to make
- decorative cutouts if desired).
- Place 2 tablespoons cheese in the center of each square; top with 3
- tablespoons mushroom mixture and a steak. Lightly brush pastry edges
- with egg. Bring opposite corners of pastry over steak; pinch seams
- to seal tightly.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Cut four small slits in top of pastry. Arrange cutouts over tops if
- desired. Brush with egg. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until
- pastry is golden brown and meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine broth and wine. Bring to a
- boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Stir
- in tomato paste and thyme. Serve with beef wellingtons. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 beef wellington with 1/4 cup sauce equals 707 calories, 38 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 863 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 49 g protein.