- large bowl.
- In a skillet, saute chopped onions, mushrooms and celery in butter;
- add to corn bread cubes. Gently stir in apples, pecans, shredded
- carrots, parsley, herbs and pepper. Add broth; toss gently. Stuff
- the goose body and neck cavities; truss opening.
- Place carrot chunks, onion wedges and garlic in a shallow roasting
- pan. Place goose breast side up over vegetables. Pour wine or
- additional broth over goose.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180° (cover with foil during the last hour to
- prevent over browning). Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes before
- carving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.