“This broccoli tastes delicious and looks so pretty when served,” writes Glynis Belec of Drayton, Ontario. “The sauce is light and mellow.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cut egg in half; remove yolk and
- finely crumble. Chop egg white; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth; gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; add
- the mayonnaise, cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until
- smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in reserved egg white. Spoon over
- broccoli; sprinkle with crumbled egg yolk. Yield: 2 servings.