- browned and tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar until
- dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder,
- salt, baking soda, and remaining chili powder and brown sugar. In a
- small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and chilies.
- Pour over onion mixture in skillet. Bake at 425° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook
- cranberry sauce and lime peel over low heat until heated through.
- Cool completely.
- Let corn bread stand for 10 minutes. Invert corn bread onto a serving
- platter; cut into wedges. Pour cranberry mixture over softened
- butter; serve with corn bread. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon cranberry mixture equals 468 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.