Golden Scalloped Potatoes
Homemade scalloped potatoes are a must with ham. We love all the grease taste of the rich cream sauce in this dish. My mother-in law shared the well-loved recipe with me.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour,
- salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place potatoes in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Add sauce and
- stir gently to coat. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 213 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.