- much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a
- roasting pan. Refrigerate for 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, apple, onion and
- cinnamon. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until apples are
- tender; drain water.
- Drain and discard brine. Rinse turkey under cold water; pat dry.
- Place cooked apple mixture, rosemary and sage in turkey cavity.
- Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Rub with oil
- and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or
- until a thermometer reads 180°. (Cover loosely with foil if
- turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes
- before carving; discard apple mixture and herbs. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey equals 540 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 72 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer