Golden Pumpkin Salad
This delicious salad is the result of a bumper crop of pumpkins at Janell Burrell's place in Cornelia, Georgia. "I had so many on hand, I started experimenting with different ways of preparing them," she smiles. "The sweet dish I'm sharing here is one we all enjoy."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded uncooked fresh pie pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place pumpkin in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on
- high for 2-1/4 minutes; cool. Stir in pineapple, raisins, mayonnaise
- and sugar. Refrigerate overnight. Serve on lettuce if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.