Golden Potato Salad
The recipe for this zippy potato salad has been in our family five generations. We always have it at outdoor suppers. Mustard gives the salad appealing color.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 pound potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted small ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the
- mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over
- potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight. Yield: 20 servings.
Tip: Cook the potatoes a day ahead. Chill in the refrigerator overnight for easy handling.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 266 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.