My mother made these delicious pancakes way back in the Depression years. She beat the batter by hand, but I use my blender. It does a great job in breaking down the cottage cheese for a smooth batter.
-Ann Thomas, Telford, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process for 1
- minute. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Yield: about 14 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 286 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 263 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.