Golden Oldie Veggies
This delicious medley of root vegetables gets its pizzazz from rosemary and olive oil. Baked for only 20 minutes, these veggies are simple to prepare and have just the right amount of pep.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 5 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 12 brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with
- oil; toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.