Golden Cheese Yeast Bread
My husband, Mark, and I wanted a causal wedding and decided on a cold plate buffet supper. This fun cheesy bread baked by my mom was a special addition.
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cheese, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add milk and egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Stir in enough
- remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into two loaves. Place in
- two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 127 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium,