Golden Baked Whitefish
This recipe represents our part of the country as fishing is very big here. We eat a lot of fish, and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare it.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds whitefish fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Fresh dill and lemon wedges, optional
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with
- pepper. Beat egg white with salt if desired until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in mayonnaise, dill and onion; spoon over fish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until topping is puffed
- and fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with dill and lemon if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with light mayonnaise and without salt) equals 201 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.