Golden Apple Potato Salad
This is a wonderful variation on an American summertime standby. Since Idaho is the potato state and a lot of apples are also grown here, I thought this would be an excellent recipe to represent my area.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, cubed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt,
- vinegar, mustard, garlic and salt.
- Peel warm potatoes and slice into a large bowl; add the bacon and
- onion. Pour dressing over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Fold
- in apples. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 257 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.