Gold Rush Brownies
With six kids to keep an eye on, my mother relied on quick-and-easy recipes like this. Now my own family, who doesn't usually care for nuts, can't resist these chewy brownies.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a bowl, combine the crumbs, chocolate chips and pecans. Stir in
- milk until blended (batter will be stiff). Spread into a greased
- 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.