Goblin's Orange Popcorn
Your little goblins will love to munch this tasty, colorful popcorn that features a crispy crunch and sweet flavor.
Donna Higbee, Sandy, Utah
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium
- heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook
- 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring. Pour over
- popcorn; toss to coat. Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on
- waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.