Gnocchi with White Beans
Warm tummies and hearts on frosty nights with this yummy skillet dish full of spinach, tomatoes, beans, gnocchi, melty cheese and Italian flavors. It makes a
fast and easy meal-in-one. —Julianne Meyers, Hinesville, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook
- and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add
- gnocchi; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in
- beans, tomatoes, spinach and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3-4
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 307 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.