This recipe's leftovers can be baked in a baking dish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top. Add some leftover meat for a complete meal.Jessica Silva, East Berlin, Connecticut
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds frozen potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and nutmeg
- until blended. Keep warm.
- Drain gnocchi. In a large heavy skillet, cook remaining butter over
- medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown (do not burn). Add
- mushrooms and gnocchi. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until gnocchi
- are lightly browned and mushrooms are tender. Serve with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup gnocchi with 1/3 cup sauce equals 529 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 996 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.