Gluten-Free Mashed Potatoes
This simple recipe creates a big batch of fluffy, gluten-free mashed potatoes. You'll be happy for it, as these taste just as good as they look! —Melissa McCrady, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and onion in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 191 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.