Gluten-Free Crumb Crust
I use this recipe to replace the graham cracker crusts because my father can't have the hydrogenated fats and sugars found in graham crackers. —Christa Hageman of Telford, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Press onto the bottom and
- up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 375° for 10-14 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill as desired. If baking the filling, shield edges of crust with
- foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Yield: 1 crust.
Nutrition Facts: 1/8 of crust equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.