Glorified Hash Browns
You'll be surprised at how quick and easy it is to put together this dressed-up potato casserole! When a friend made it for a church supper, I had to have the recipe. It's great for parties, potlucks and family reunions.
-Betty Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup and cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until cream cheese is
- melted, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and stir until
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.