Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Fresh sweet potatoes Mom grew disappeared fast at our family table when she served them with this easy, flavorful glaze. She still makes them this way, and now they've become favorites with her grandchildren as well!
Rosemary Pryor, Pasadena, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If using fresh sweet potatoes, place in a large saucepan or Dutch
- oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 25-40 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel.
- Cut into chunks.
- Place sweet potatoes in a 2-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan,
- combine the butter, syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; bring to a
- boil, stirring constantly. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.