Glazed Strawberry Sundaes
I have had a lifelong affinity for anything strawberry. This recipe came from a friend many years ago, but I adapted it to suit our particular tastes. It's quick and easy to prepare but is an impressive dessert to serve company. For variety, I've also used fresh peaches or nectarines.
-Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir strawberries in butter
- for 1 minute. Add sugar, lime peel and orange extract. Cook 1-2
- minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over ice cream. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.