Glazed Pork Chops and Apples
This hearty dish was always a family favorite when I was growing up. Mom called the tender chops "fried monkey ears!" Now it's a favorite meal with my own family. —Kathy Barry, Lake Forest, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle pork chops with sage and salt. In a large skillet, brown
- chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stir flour into the pan drippings until blended. Gradually stir in
- broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange apples over chops; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drizzle with
- broth mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apples equals 250 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,