- soda, salt and spices; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix
- well. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk
- and vanilla. Place additional confectioners' sugar in another
- shallow bowl. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool 5 minutes. Dip tops
- of warm cookies in glaze and allow excess to drip off; dip in
- confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 146 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.