Glazed Pearl Onions
As a young girl, my mom gave me the job of making the glazed onions every year. This easy, elegant recipe is a great addition to the holiday table.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 6 cups water
- 2 pounds pearl onions, trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil
- for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions; cook
- for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle
- with sugar. Cook 18-20 minutes longer or until onions are golden
- brown, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 210 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.