Holiday ham gets a sweet and tangy taste from this honey of a glaze. I make sure to have extra on hand because my family likes to use it as a dipping sauce.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hour
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 5 pounds)
- 3/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch allspice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1
- hour. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon
- about 1/3 cup over ham. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Heat remaining
- glaze to serve with sliced ham.
- Yield: about 16 servings (1 cup sauce).
Editor's Note: As a substitute for honey mustard, combine 1/3 cup each honey and Dijon mustard.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,568 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer