- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x
- 9-in. rectangle. Spread filling over each rectangle to within 1/2
- in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side;
- pinch seams to seal. Twist the two rolls together; pinch ends to
- seal. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise
- until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze
- ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.